Monday, November 26, 2012
9:19 PM | Posted by Amy Perdew | | Edit Post
Turkey Pot Pie
PREP 20 mins
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Roll out bottom pie crust and place in the 10 inch pie pan and set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in the turkey and flour. Add the milk, and heat through. Stir the turkey mixture into the vegetable mixture, and cook until thickened. Pour mixture into the unbaked pie shell. Roll out the top crust, and place on top of filling. Flute edges, and make 4 slits in the top crust to let out steam.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking for 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Makes 4 quesadillas in 31 mins
Makes servings Adjust Recipe (Help)
1. Stir together the mashed potatoes, bacon, and green onions. Spread the mashed potato mixture onto one side of half of the tortillas, spreading to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the mashed potatoes and top with the remaining tortillas. Lightly butter each side of the quesadillas.
2. Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Place a quesadilla into the preheated pan, and cook until golden brown and crispy, then turn over, and continue cooking on the other side until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Here is one we had at our house tonight!
Turkey, Bacon and Potato Soup
I grabbed my pot and put my left over mashed potatoes(the kind from boiled potatoes not instant) from Thanksgiving in and gave them a good mixing. Once it got to a small boil, I threw in about 2 cups of cubed turkey and let it simmer a little longer. Next comes 2 cups of shredded cheddar, 1 cup of sc, a cup of butter and mixed it. I then added some instant mashed potato flakes to make it thicken a little. Scoop it in your bowl, some saltine crackers or dipping bread and it is good to go.
*I normally make loaded potatoes for Thanksgiving and that involves: boiled potatoes-partially skinned, 8 oz of cream cheese, a little butter, a little cheese, a little sc and some crispified real bacon pieces. I know SO unhealthy.....but so delicious.
Cranberry Shortbread Bars
For the Cranberry Filling:
12 ounces fresh cranberries
2/3 cups white sugar
3 tablespoons water
In a medium saucepan over medium high heat place all the ingredients in the saucepan and cook until boiling. Continue to boil the mixture until it is thick and syrupy, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool while you make the shortbread.
For the Shortbread:
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
To Prepare the Bars:
Preheat oven 375 F. Butter or spray a 8×8 inch pan.
In a separate bowl whisk the flour, cornstarch and salt.
In the bowl of your electric mixer beat the butter until smooth about 1 minute. Add the sugar and beat until smooth 2 minutes. Then add the vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
Evenly press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Then evenly spread the cranberry mixture over the shortbread base, leaving a 1/4 inch boarder.
With the remaining shortbread dough, crumble it with your fingers over the cranberry mixture. Then lightly press the dough into the filling.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack, while still hot cut into 12 squares and allow to cool in pan.
From the Joyofbaking.com
Now this is something right up my husbands alley! Smash it all together and call it a sandwich.
There are so many recipes out there and the possibilities are as endless as your leftover stash.
What are you making at your house?
Labels: thanksgiving leftovers
Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese Recipe type: Main Author: Sara @ Budget Savvy Diva Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 2 hours 30 mins ...
As a new mom almost 16 years ago I can remember feeling so all alone and sad, I was was embarassed to tell anyone my feelings or that I sa...
Celebrate Earth Day with a Greener Clean! From A BigGreenPurse.com Greener Cleaner Recipes Ingredients list: tap water ...
Larger families are special blessings so this week we dedicate posts to those families that have more 4 + children in them. A speci...
To make your own angel Christmas cards, you will need: - The templates provided at the bottom of this post - Scissors - A fine tipped bl...
Come join us for family fun at Stanford Park in Hickory (near Highland Rec) for this mommy favorite event. Games, bounce house, food, tre...
Are your kids going to camp this summer? Schools are finishing up for the year, students and teachers are ready for a br...
Source: cupcakesunday.blogspot.com via SavingsMania- Diane Schmidt on Pinterest...
The ladies of CentralFoothillsMommies.com would love to bake some sweet treats just for you and your family. Please come out and support us ...
- ► 2013 (60)
- ▼ November (13)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (37)
#mommiesnetwork CentralFoothillsMommies the Mommies Network mom groups in NC mommy groups in nc blogging moms Catawba county support for moms moms local moms Caldwell county Burke county Alexander county Facebook moms groups in nc family Facebook moms frugal mom parenting TMN family fun frugal charitable events coupons Hickory NC Twitter mommy playdates safe kids Kids crafts baby blues budget living green crafting crafting for children family fun budget fun support Breast self exams Fundraising Support Us breast cancer family crafts halloween safety tips playdates texting and driving Donations Earth day birthday bash postpartum depression recycle safety tips savings Auctions Baby items Pediatric cancer donations Ebay Elf on the Shelf Snow TMN Annual Auction bake sale best bubble recipe books 4 kids driving safety tips endorse us macaroni kids moms nights out rearfacing carseats silicon molds twibbon yard sale