Tuesday, March 6, 2012
12:56 AM | Posted by Leslie Block | | Edit Post
52 Things to Say to Make Your Child Feel Great
Credit to MomLifeToday.com
1. The way you [insert action] is such a perfect addition for our family. God knew just what we needed when He gave us you.
2. I’m sorry. Will you please forgive me for [insert specific action]?
3. I forgive you. And I won’t bring this up again, okay?
4. I want to hang out with just you tonight. What do you want to do?
5. Thank you!
6. Yes, there is food in the house.
7. I trust you.
8. I can’t believe how [insert positive adjective] you are. I can’t imagine the plans God has for you!
9. I saw how you [insert specific positive action]. I’m so proud of you.
10. There’s money on the table for you.
11. I believe you.
12. I’m proud of you. And even if you weren’t so fantastic, I’d still be proud.
13. I know you and I haven’t been seeing eye-to-eye lately. But I want to let you know that I accept you whether I agree with you or not, and I’m committed to working on our relationship so we both feel understood and secure.
14. I got you this, just because.
15. Lately I’ve really seen you grow in the area of [insert character quality], like when you [insert specific action].
16. I admire you in [insert specific area]. In fact, I could learn a lot from you in that area.
17. That was a really wise choice.
18. Snow day!
19. You’re really growing into a young man/woman of character. I can’t tell you how exciting that is!
20. I remember when I [insert vulnerable moment]. I felt so [insert description]. I don’t know if that’s like what you’re going through, but it was a tough time for me.
21. No matter how royally you mess up, I’ll always be glad you’re mine. I’ll forgive you, and I’ll love your socks off.
22. Go ahead and sleep in tomorrow.
23. I had no idea you could do that! You impress me.
24. What do you think?
25. I canceled your dentist appointment.
26. I love your dad so much! He is so [insert adjective].
27. I love being around you.
28. No chores today.
29. I’m so glad you’re home.
30. I love doing [insert activity] with you.
31. You are one of the best gifts I’ve ever gotten. I am so humbled He gave me you.
32. I feel so proud when I’m with you.
33. You handled that so well.
34. I made your favorite [insert food].
35. You know, you may not feel very [insert adjective], but God knew exactly what He was doing you making you the way He did; it was just how He wanted to express Himself. I love you just the way He made you. And I wouldn’t have wanted Him to do it any differently.
36. I’m trusting that God will take perfect care of us. He’s always done it before! Can we pray together about this?
37. With God’s help, your dad and I will never, ever get a divorce.
38. That looks great on you.
39. If I were in your shoes, I would feel so [insert adjective]. Is that how you feel?
40. Would you turn your music up?
41. You are so well-disciplined in [insert specific area].
42. I sent you a big ol’ care package in the mail.
43. That was so courageous.
44. Do you feel like I’m understanding you?
45. If there was one thing you could change about me as your mom, what would it be?
46. You have some real gifts in the area of [insert adjective].
47. Let’s go to Grandma’s!
48. It is so cool to watch you grow up.
49. Just wanted to let you know I’m praying for you.
50. I miss you, but I’m glad you’re having a good time!
51. You make me so happy just by being you.
52. I love you so much.
Labels: #kids, #mommiesnetwork, be happy, CentralFoothillsMommies, CFM, local moms, local moms group, mommies, mommy groups, triberr
- Your Family Ticket to join us
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese Night
- Crockpot week~ Rocky Road Cake in the crock pot
- Last Call Ya'll !! Spring is Here!!
- Recipe Mom Whips up some Love in her crockpot!
- Irish Blessing for you~
- Lots A Kids Week on CFM's blog~ Frugal is the word...
- Continuing with our week of large families ~ Lots ...
- Moms of Big Families~~ Lots A Kids week
- Sweet 16 Carolina Home and Garden Show
- Connecting Women, Inspiring Futures 2012
- 52 Things to Say to Make Your Child Feel Great
- Adult Literacy and CFM
- How Does Your Garden Grow?
- ▼ March (14)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (37)
TMN Blog Roll
#mommiesnetwork CentralFoothillsMommies the Mommies Network mom groups in NC mommy groups in nc blogging moms support for moms local moms Catawba county Burke county Caldwell county Facebook moms Alexander county moms groups in nc Facebook moms family frugal mom TMN family fun frugal parenting charitable events coupons Hickory NC Twitter mommy playdates Kids crafts budget living baby blues family fun budget green crafting safe kids Fundraising Support Us crafting for children family crafts fun support texting and driving Breast self exams Donations Earth day birthday bash breast cancer halloween safety tips playdates recycle safety tips savings Auctions Baby items Pediatric cancer donations postpartum depression Ebay Elf on the Shelf Snow TMN Annual Auction bake sale best bubble recipe books 4 kids driving safety tips endorse us macaroni kids moms nights out rearfacing carseats silicon molds twibbon yard sale